April 25, 2009

Art Tour - 170409 (2nd stop - Remaking Hong Kong)


Knowing that Kacey Wong's Wandering Home, which is a part of my studies in the final essay, was exhibited in Venice in the biennale, I decided to go and have a close look at it in person. however, instead of the tricycle, only his previous work, Tin Man No.11 was displayed. Not really disappointed since there were many other inspiring architectural ideas. Much fragments of my sweet and sour memory of my studying in the architectural school was recalled during the visit as well.


The exhibit/invention I admire most is Control Tower (by Jason Carlow + Jonathan D Solomon + John Lin with Stefan Krakhofer + Ricci Wong + Eric Chiu) which is a functional assembly structure.


Love its simplicity.

Love its practicality.

Love its lightness and cyber feel.


Some works were very conceptual, and some were like site studies more than design, maybe that was what the theme - Fabrica Cultura, demanded. Anyway, culture is itself ambiguous and perpetual, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment