April 25, 2009

Art Tour - 170409 (1st stop - Charming Experience)




I had my own art tour last Friday.

I first went to The Hong Kong Museum of Art for Charming Experience, the last exhibition of "Hong Kong Art: Open Catalogue" series; followed by "Remaking Hong Kong: Architecture as Culture" Response Exhibtion of the 11th International Architecture Exhibition of Venice Biennale Hong Kong Exhibition -- Fabrica Culture at Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre; and the last stop was Hong Kong International Sculpture Symposium 2009 along West Kowloon Promenade.

For Charming Experience, I should say that quite a couple of exhibits had actually been displayed in some other exhibitions before, so there was not much surprise. The most interesting thing that I noticed was in addition to visual stimuli, music and sounds also played an iimportant role in the exhibition. Wherever I walked to, there was always some sound from different artworks acompanying my way.

The artwork I like most is, beside Kingsley Ng's Record: light from +22°16'14"+114°08'48" which first impressed me at Osage Kowun Tung, was Ho Siu Kee's Visible Sound. I have always been interested in Buddhism, and I was just greatly absorbed into the ripples of reverberation and the contemplative serenity created by the whole set of mixed media and video installation. I just wonder why the artist projected the ripples onto the wall in red. Won't it be better if it's a black-and-white image?

No comments:

Post a Comment