March 07, 2009

Box of Revelation + Special Performance - 150209



I am still not certain how I should define "New Media Arts", but this is definitely a multimedia plus intermedia project. It is a combination of visual and audio appreciation, and contribution of all live performers and audience and distant participants through Facebook all over the world.

The installation parallels cyber connectivity and sharing with God and religions. It is true that "As we allow it to mediate our most human expressions, we realize we cannot be human without it."

As I first registered my Facebook account two years ago, I was quite addicted to the various applications and the real convenience of contacting friends on the other side of the world. I agree that it is a good way to search old buddies whom we have long lost contact with since the network is so well-built and well-accepted, and to post invitation to multi-recipients. However, I really find it weird to share too much of my feelings in the cyberspace. I believe in no god and I don't know if the internet is really taking up the role of God and can play miracles. Perhaps I am too conservative but I'd definitely prefer to share my true feelings face-to-face with only my friends.
Event: New Media Arts Exhibition Project: Intermedia Experiment at HKAS
Special Performance: Quartet for the End of Time
Date: 15 Feb 2009
Venue: McAulay Studio, HK Arts Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment